- Always pre-test in an inconspicuous location for substrate sensitivity to chemicals.
- Ensure that the carpet is clean and free of chemical residue. If wet extraction cleaning is to be done prior to the protection treatment, it is best to finish with an acid rinse. Leave the carpet as dry as possible
- Can be applied to dry or damp fabric.
- Dilute 1:2 for clean damp carpets. Apply at a rate of 340 to 510ml per 5m2. (1 gallon per 400 to 600sq.ft)
- Dilute 1:4 for clean dry carpets. Apply at a rate of 575 to 850ml per 5m2. (1 gallon per 250 to 350sq.ft)
See Actichem protector coverage charts
- Spray Fibre Shield from 25 to 50cm away from the carpet using smooth back and forth motion overlapping slightly.
- Start by applying one coat to high traffic areas. Then starting from one end of the room, treat all the carpeted area including the high traffic areas previously treated.
- Brush with a soft brush to spread protector evenly.
- Align fabric and speed dry.